OUR Current Projects
Justice Initiative (JI)
Our JI seeks to improve access to justice for victims and survivors of gross human rights violations and conflicts through legal redress, research and advocacy on appropriate transitional justice mechanisms.
Climate Change Initiatives (CCI)
Our CCI promotes local adaption to climate change through environmental protection, preservation, research and building local capacity to understand and respond to climate change.
Resource Governance Initiative (RGI)
Our RGI documents resource related conflicts and campaign for extractive industries transparency in a bid to promote corporate-social responsibility, conflict sensitivity, and equitable resource usage.
Youth Empowerment Initiative (YEI)
Our YEI seeks to skill young people; address unemployment, offer career guidance and mentor young people.
ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
“Our past accomplishment is a strong example of what we are capable of doing in the future“
- Gulu District Alcohol Ordinance Campaign 2015: Amani participated in the advocacy to enact a Gulu District Alcohol Ordinance to ban Sachet waragi adopted by Council.
- One Thousand Tree Campaign 2015: Amani piloted an environmental conservation campaign with a group of young people in Koro Abili –collecting used sachets to plant tree seedlings for their income generation and rid environment of litters.
- Amani Career Fare 2015: Amani held a series of career guidiance sessions in Paicho and Lakwana sub-counties
- Humanity United Visits 2016: Amani successfully organised and coordinated the visit by a major donor Humanity Unity to Gulu to assess peace-building issues and actors for future support
- Insight on Conflict Update 2016: Amani is the local peacebuilding experts for Insight on Conflict in Uganda providing content on Ugandan page and updating peace-building organisations in Uganda.
OUR Latest Blog Post
Amani’s research team are currently conducting a baseline survey in the newly created Omoro District in Northern Uganda on current and future job creation and economic empowerment opportunity for youths, women, and elderly persons. [button...read more
Amani Institute Uganda welcomes UN Human Rights Council Resolution on Commercialization of Education
Dear Friends and Colleagues, Amani Institute Uganda would like to join other child friendly organisations in welcoming the recent resolution adopted by the UN Human Rights Council (HRC) in Geneva urging States to regulate and monitor private education providers and...read more