Performing Violence, Engendering Change: Developing Art-Based Approaches to Peacebuilding Project 2020-2023
Amani Institute Uganda is a partner in the Performing Violence, Engendering Change Cluster The project which draws partners from UK, Kenya, Lebanon, Uganda and Sri-Lanka, seeks to develop arts-based approaches to peacebuilding.
GCRF Gender, Justice and Security Hub 2019-2023
- Amani Institute Uganda is a local research partner and a network member collaborating with Makerere University, School of Gender Studies under the Land, Livelihood and Rights to address key gaps in the understanding of the relationship of these rights to gendered power relations, assess impact of the state and donor policies and identify good practice.
Visit the Gender and Justice Hub here
Art and Peace Project, 2017 -2022
- The project seeks to collect and document cartoons depicting the pursuit of elusive peace in South Sudan. It capture cartoons and newspaper cutting in three Juba based newspapers i.e Juba Monitor, The Dawn Newspaper and Star Tribune. Check out some of the collection on Amani Uganda Facebook page.
Facilitating Financial Sustainability (FFS), in collaboration with LINC, Washington DC 2018-2020
- The FFS is conducting accessible, practitioner-oriented research on key systems and factors contributing to CSO sustainability focusing on Uganda, DRC, Mexico, Columbia, Philippines and Bosnia.
Download the Facilitating Financial Sustainability update here.
Reparations in South Sudan: Prospects and Challenges. A study in collaboration with University of Queens, Belfast Dec 2018 – March 2019.
- The study focuses on understanding the prospects of reparations in South Sudan under the R-ARCSS 2018 and potential challenges.
Strategic Network for Justice, Conflict and Development 2016-2018
The network brings 18 academics and practitioner experts, plus civil society project partners, from UK, USA, Uganda, Columbia, Sri-Lanka, Syria, and Lebanon with a desire to better understand the relationship between conflict, justice and development: see Justice and Development
Mediation Support to the South Sudan HLRF 2017-2018
- Amani Institute Uganda staff supported the IGAD led High Level Revitalization Forum (HLRF) process, from inception though its conclusion providing technical support to the high level IGAD Facilitators, the IGAD Special Envoy for South Sudan and the Khartoum mediators.
Reintegration and Peacebuilding Opportunities in Gbudue State, South Sudan – A Rapid Assessment Report, October 2017
- This report presents key findings and analysis drawn following a five-days’ rapid assessment study conducted by Amani Institute Uganda on behalf of Peace Direct-United Kingdom, on the relevance and viability of supporting two proposed projects on peacebuilding and reintegration in Gbudue State, South Sudan and other identifying peacebuilding opportunities.
Mental Insurgency in Post-Conflict Northern Uganda: causes, impact and implication of the rampant suicide cases in Koro sub-county, Omoro district.
- A Rapid Assessment Study conducted in collaboration with Koro Sub-County Local Government and partners CSOs October –November 2018. Amani is disseminating this report and developing policy responses.
Peace Direct Uganda Expert Correspondent
- A project in collaboration with Peace Direct, UK. The project documented over 250 local peace builders within Uganda for the Insight on Conflict website see Peace Insight
GET IN TOUCH
SOCIAL MEDIA LINK