WHO We Are
- Amani Institute Uganda (AIU) is a think-tank, a research-based institute established to promote rights, peace, justice and development through knowledge generation and people’s empowerment.
- Registered in 2013 (Reg. No. 172317) as a Charity (Company Limited by Guarantee), Amani Institute Uganda conducts research, documentation, policy analysis and strategic programming.
- Our Motto “kudumisha amani” means “sustaining peace.” At Amani, we navigate the complex challenges that conflict and post conflict societies grapples with, as they transition from emergency, recovery, peacebuilding, justice and development path.
- Our Office is Located at Plot 13R Muroni Rd, Labour Line, Pece Division, Gulu City.
WHAT We Do
Research and Documentation
Amani conducts research and documentation on legacy of conflicts or emerging issues either independently or in collaboration with other organizations.
Advocacy and Capacity Building
Amani engages in evidence-based advocacy to influence policy direction or development programmes based on research.
Amani provides a range of specialized technical support in research, surveys, project development and M&E to universities, international organizations and researchers on consultancy basis as and when required.
Mediation Training and Support
Amani provides mediation training and support to peace mediators, negotiating parties and institutions engaging in peace processes across the region.
Civic Education and Election Monitoring
Amani conducts civic education and election monitoring within Uganda, the region and internationally through deployment of election observers.
Mentorships and Trainings
Amani provide mentorship to youths and emerging leaders in public speaking and entrepreneurship including career guidance to primary, secondary and university students.
- To promote rights, peace, justice and development through research, documentation, policy analysis and strategic programming.
- A peaceful and prosperous people living in dignity enjoying equal opportunities.
Theory Of Change
- By identifying critical issues impacting the pursuit of rights, peace, justice and development, and;
- Creating civic space, and dynamic platforms for intelligent deliberations,
- Amani promotes justice and democratization, as well as contributes to sustainable peacebuilding and development.