WHO We Are
- Amani Institute Uganda (AIU) is a think-tank, a research based institute established to promote rights, peace, justice and development through knowledge generation and peoples empowerment.
- Registered in 2013 (Reg. No. 172317) as a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee, Amani Institute Uganda conducts action oriented research, documentation, analysis and strategic programming.
- Our Motto “kudumisha amani” means “sustaining the peace” inspired by Amani’s niche in navigating the complex challenges in transitioning from humanitarian emergencies to post-conflict recovery and development phase.
- Our Office is Located at Plot 13R Labor line, Peace Division, Gulu Municipality.
WHAT We Do
To promote rights, peace, justice and development through research, documentation, analysis and strategic programming.
A peaceful and prosperous people living in dignity enjoying equal opportunities.
Theory Of Change
- By identifying critical issues impacting the pursuit of rights, peace, justice and development, and;
- Creating civic space, and dynamic platforms for intelligent deliberations,
- Amani promotes justice and democratization, as well as contributes to sustainable peacebuilding and development.
Peter Ochen Robbinson
Hon. Lyandro Komakech
Mr. Charles Watmon
Mrs. Rosalba Oywa
Prof. Morris Ogenga Latigo
M/s. Tracy Kyagulanyi